Can You Prevent a Fire? YES You Can!
Follow these simple steps to protect your home and business from fires
Fires can occur in your home or place of business no matter how ce. However, by following a few simple safety tips, you may greatly reduce the risk.
SERVPRO of North Lauderdale West Tamarac is committed to helping you and your home or business prevent fire damage. Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Regularly check your smoke alarms to ensure the batteries are operational.
- Have yearly inspections of your HVAC systems by a professional.
- Avoid using outlet extenders when at all possible. They increase the chance of overloading an electrical circuit.
- Clean the dryer lint basket after one to two loads of laundry. A clogged filter can force lint into the heated coils of the dyer.
- Make sure to properly extinguish smoking materials. For example, watch that candles are completely out before you walk away.
- Safely store flammable items away from all sources of heat.
- Lastly, always have a fire extinguisher in your home.
While we hope this is something no one should deal with, in the event of fire damage to your home or business, SERVPRO of North Lauderdale West Tamarac is here for you. Give us a call at 954-960-5322
North Lauderdale and Tamarac’s Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Did you know each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different? Each one requires a unique plan tailored for the specific conditions. SERVPRO has the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We know this is a stressful time and we will treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home and this can cause hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage. We will develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke: wet and dry. Each produces its own type of soot residue. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of North Lauderdale and West Tamarac will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting.
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
No matter the cause, we will make it "Like it never even happened."
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 954-960-5322