Can You Prevent a Fire? YES You Can!
Follow these simple steps to protect your home and business from fires
Fires can occur in your home or place of business no matter how ce. However, by following a few simple safety tips, you may greatly reduce the risk.
SERVPRO of North Lauderdale West Tamarac is committed to helping you and your home or business prevent fire damage. Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Regularly check your smoke alarms to ensure the batteries are operational.
- Have yearly inspections of your HVAC systems by a professional.
- Avoid using outlet extenders when at all possible. They increase the chance of overloading an electrical circuit.
- Clean the dryer lint basket after one to two loads of laundry. A clogged filter can force lint into the heated coils of the dyer.
- Make sure to properly extinguish smoking materials. For example, watch that candles are completely out before you walk away.
- Safely store flammable items away from all sources of heat.
- Lastly, always have a fire extinguisher in your home.
While we hope this is something no one should deal with, in the event of fire damage to your home or business, SERVPRO of North Lauderdale West Tamarac is here for you. Give us a call at 954-960-5322
Why SERVPRO? We are different
We don't just care for the job. We care for our clients!
That emergency you never thought would happen has now affected your home or business and now you are wondering who to call. Here is why you should call SERVPRO.
Here at SERVPRO we go the extra mile to ensure that you are fully satisfied with the final product. Staffed with a hard working team we are prepared to help you feel like you have someone in your corner. One of the ways we do this is by prioritizing your comfort and safety, we understand that time is of the essence and we are not just there to get the job done. We actually follow up afterward to ensure your needs were met. We want to do everything we can to not only restore the damage, but to ensure your comfort and satisfaction.
We work hard to make it "Like it never even happened."
Call us today
SERVPRO N Lauderdale W Tamarac
Commercial Building Fire Cleanup
What do you do after the fire gets put out?
Fire damage to a commercial building is a devastating experience. After the fire trucks leave, your property will likely suffer from not only fire and smoke damage but also widespread water damage and flooding from firefighting efforts. Therefore, immediate action is crucial to minimize business interruption, reduce lost revenue and productivity.
But trying to clean up the aftermath may be the last thing you feel like doing on your own. When fire, smoke and soot damage are left behind, it can create unpleasant and permanent problems if not properly addressed. Especially considering that smoke and soot from even a small fire can permanently damage contents throughout the building and may cause odors that resurface for years.
SERVPRO of North Lauderdale W Tamarac understands how disruptive fires can be for business owners, their tenants and even their customers. So, before you risk doing more damage to your most valuable business assets by attempting to clean it up yourself, you should consider hiring an experienced company like SERVPRO. Our technicians have the training, tools, equipment, and experience to handle any fire damage incident to a commercial building. They can respond immediately to begin the work to restore your business to be back and up and running in no time!
Call now 954-960-5322
Mold Can Be A Serious Issue for Your Home or Business.
How Do I Know If I Have A Mold Problem?
Looking For Mold Remediation In Tamarac?
Like all cities in the state of Florida, Tamarac's subtropical climate produces a lot of rain and humidity. Sometimes this moisture seeps into your home and mold begins to form. Are you asking yourself "what is that musty odor is in my home?"
Well, it's probably mold. Not sure how to find it? Or do you already know where the mold is growing?
Well then you have come to the right place!
Why SERVPRO Of Tamarac and N Lauderdale?
We are the one-stop shop for mold remediation. We can help locate, assess, and then clean any mold growth inside your Tamarac home. Our first class professionals can handle mold jobs of any size, and return your home to its original mold-free condition.
If any of the above questions make you think about your home, it's time to give SERVPRO of Tamarac/ N Lauderdale a call.
The bad news: If you have ever asked or thought any of the above questions, you may be dealing with a mold issue in your home.
The good news: We are experienced professionals in mold remediation! Our crew would be happy to come out and inspect your home and the area of concern to see what you may be dealing with - at no cost to you, of course.
Mold in your home can be scary...In some cases, it may even mean health concerns for your family. But don't worry, SERVPRO of Tamarac/ North Lauderdale is here to serve you and help get your life back to normal and your home mold-free!
Give us a call today: 954-960-5322
SERVPRO is Ready After the Storm
Many Florida homes and businesses flood after severe weather.
SERVPRO of N Lauderdale / West Tamarac specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained, and we use State of the Art equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we can respond quicker with the right resources. This is extremely important as A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Broward County, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of some 1,700 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 954-960-5322
What To Do In the Aftermath of a Storm
Storm Damage? Call us today!
We are in the middle of a very active Hurricane season in Florida! There are many articles about hurricane preparation tips and what you can do to be ready for the next storm. While that is important to know, it is also vital to be aware of the steps that should be taken after a hurricane has passed through your area. Always remember safety first!
What To Do After A Hurricane
- The first thing to do if you have evacuated is to only return when it is safe to do so.
- Steer clear of downed power lines or anything that appears to be connected to a power line or box. Avoid all standing water that may have a power line submerged in them, as they can be potentially electrified.
- If you return home and suspect that you may have a gas leak, leave immediately and contact the utility company so they can assess and rectify any danger.
- If it is safe to return but there is minor damage to your personal property, separate the damaged goods from the rest of your inventory.
- If you return home to find it unsafe, contact your insurance company and see if they can assist in finding you temporary accommodations at a nearby hotel.
- If your roof is damaged and you need a roof wrap, or if you have standing water, call SERVPRO N Lauderdale/W Tamarac as soon a possible to remove the water and prevent further damamge.
Hurricane season can be a devastating time for many people, especially those who live in a place like Florida where we are prone to many severe storms.
For storm damage restoration needs, we are here to help. Give us a call at 954-960-5322
Does Your Business Have An Online Emergency Ready Plan?
An Emergency Ready Plan can save your business time and money.
At SERVPRO of N Lauderdale/W Tamarac we know the impact on a business when they experience a water, fire or mold loss. Our goal is to mitigate damage and get you back up and operating as soon as possible.
One of the ways we help in this area is with SERVPRO's E.R.P (Emergency Ready Plan). This is a plan we offer at no cost to Commercial Properties; Assisted Living Facilities; Schools; Government Buildings; etc. This digital app can be accessed by your staff and enables immediate access to emergency numbers; water valve shut-off location(s); gas shut-off location; etc. It's simply another way SERVPRO of N Lauderdale/W Tamarac works to help make water/fire/mold damage "Like it never even happened."
Call us today and let's schedule YOUR facilities Emergency Ready Plan.
SERVPRO of North Lauderdale/West Tamarac
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 954-960-5322
Broken and leaking pipes are just one way that your home or business can incur water damage.
Water damage from a storm, burst pipe, or even after a fire loss can cause a lot more issues than just standing water.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, insulation, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
SERVPRO of N Lauderdale/W Tamarac knows what to do.
SERVPRO of N Lauderdale / W Tamarac pecializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Call us today 954-960-5392
IICRC Certified Firm
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of N Lauderdale/ Tamarac is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the golden standards for the restoration industry and provides extensive training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the principle driving force in establishing the chief industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of N Lauderdale/Tamarac
SERVPRO of N Lauderdale/Tamarac specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are proudly an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
What to do if a Pipe Bursts in Your Home or Business
Burst pipes can cause thousands of dollars in damage. Here is what you can do to prevent pipe bursts and after in limiting water damage.
Take Precautions with Broken Pipes
A burst pipe is one of the most common flood issues face with water damage in Tamarac. Regardless of the age or type of pipes – metal or plastic, they can still expand or burst and cause the need for water damage restoration in your home. A burst pipe also requires a significant amount of costly repairs. This is why it’s important to take all the safety measures to prevent pipes from bursting.
Below are some frequently asked questions and helpful steps to take to safely solve any problems you may be experiencing with your pipes at home.
Why Do Pipes Burst?
Typically, age and temperature inconsistencies, along with pressure changes can cause pipe breakage. Weaknesses occur in some parts and can cause the pipe to break or burst. The pipe’s inability to withhold the water pressures inside it causes the damage such as expansion and breakage.
Causes for burst pipes are, as mentioned Corrosion and clogs are other common causes for pipe damage.
Can pipes burst without water?
Even if you have shut off the main water supply, a pipe can be at risk for damage but the risk is reduced.
What to Do When a Pipe Bursts:
If you experience a bursting water pipe in your home, you can do a temporary emergency repair of the pipe to minimize and prevent further damage before a professional arrives. These are quick and simple steps to take when repairing a pipe.
- Turn off the main water supply
- Contact SERVPRO Tamarac!
- Quickly remove and clean excess water to avoid further water damage.
- Take pressure off pipes by draining the faucets
- Circulate warm air in your home to slowly thaw pipes
- Use a repair sleeve to temporarily cover the damaged area of the pipe
How long does it take to repair a broken pipe?
Depending upon the size and amount of damage to the pipes, repair can take several hours. For a short fix, it could take approximately anywhere from 2-4 hours.
Do pipes make noise when they burst?
Pipes can make noise when they burst water. Some reports are similar to that of a popping sound or (if you have metal pipes) possibly a loud clang of metal. However, when the moment happens it may not be heard at all. If you start to notice any noises or visible damage contact a water restoration company for further inspection.
How to Clean a Water Pipe Line:
Essentially, the purpose of cleaning out your water line is to simply break down corrosion and sediments inside the pipes. This can include rust, lime or calcium. There are a few inexpensive ways to clean the pipes such as using a flushing kit, or vinegar with baking soda and hot water. You can also try to stay away from using heavy detergents when washing dishes and clothes, as these can leave chemical deposits in your water lines that can build up over time.
How to Get Air Out of Cold Water Pipes:
If you’ve ever experienced water spitting out of your faucets, it is simply air trapped inside the water line. Typically, routine maintenance work on the water system is the cause. Briefly running water through your faucets can help.
Air in pipes can also cause noises inside the wall when fixtures are used. Luckily there is no serious problem and the solution is easy enough for a homeowner to fix. In just minutes, you can get rid of any air in your pipes:
- Turn off water supply
- Turn on faucets
- start at the fixture closest to the main water supply
- open each hot and cold faucet about halfway to let the air out
- Turn your water supply back on
- turn off fixtures, faucets and appliances once water flows
- close them in the same order they were opened
The process can be repeated for toilets, showers, tubs, washing machine and dishwasher as well as water spigots outside the house.
What to Do When a Water Heater Bursts
It can be frustrating to experience a flood from a water heater. When properly functioning, the water heater should stop the flow of water when the tank gets full. Yet, when the pipe bursts, the tank leaks water out of the tank and onto your floors, causing potential water damage throught the home or business.
For your safety, it’s important to shut off the water supply and power supply. Call a professional water restoration company to extract the floodwaters and assess any damage to the property. You can take photos of any damage you may have (for possible insurance company claims)
Who can I call when a water pipe bursts?
So many scenarios can play out when it comes to a damage to your pipes. It may be a simple fix or it may require professional assistance. Most importantly, if your home or business gets any considerable amount of water damage, it’s better to call a professional water restorer to ensure all water is extracted and the property is dried thoroughly and safely to avoid future mold problems later.
Call SERVPRO Tamarac 954-960-5322 today for all of your water damage restoration needs!