Can You Prevent a Fire? YES You Can!
Fires can occur in your home or place of business no matter how ce. However, by following a few simple safety tips, you may greatly reduce the risk.
SERVPRO of North Lauderdale West Tamarac is committed to helping you and your home or business prevent fire damage. Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Regularly check your smoke alarms to ensure the batteries are operational.
- Have yearly inspections of your HVAC systems by a professional.
- Avoid using outlet extenders when at all possible. They increase the chance of overloading an electrical circuit.
- Clean the dryer lint basket after one to two loads of laundry. A clogged filter can force lint into the heated coils of the dyer.
- Make sure to properly extinguish smoking materials. For example, watch that candles are completely out before you walk away.
- Safely store flammable items away from all sources of heat.
- Lastly, always have a fire extinguisher in your home.
While we hope this is something no one should deal with, in the event of fire damage to your home or business, SERVPRO of North Lauderdale West Tamarac is here for you. Give us a call at 954-960-5322